Patch Notes - Upcoming
- Anne can now be recruited as a playable character. She's like a mix of Lone and Lydia. Complete her sidequest and she'll join you.
- Skullbats have been removed from the open-pit platfroms room in Tomb of Kings East.
- Upgrading the Hip Flask beyond 13 charges is now much more expensive.
- The Vitafilter Ring requires 5 RP now instead of 9.
- Cosmetic rings now require 3 RP instead of 1.
- The Chime Ring now has a Mega version which reveals all unopened chests on the map.
- NPCs will now show a speech bubble if you have to talk to them or if they have a sidequest available.
October 6, 2017
Zeran's Folly has been released. You can buy it on Steam.
Patch Notes - October 5, 2017
- All 24 talents can now be acquired. All talents are either gifted or sold by NPCs.
- Lisa's "Unshakable" talent (can't be flailed) has been replaced with "Sky Dragon Grace" which inproves Torpedo steering.
- Small changes to the Sun Key room in Vinegarden to make the intended path more obvious.
- A certain man-slave is no longer a generic Naryaat Male.
- Potential fix to a possible hang when defeating He'eule.
Patch Notes - October 1, 2017
- Platejaws now correctly give Ring Jewel XP.
- Wall Crawlers now shoot fireballs instead of flame shots.
- Most normal enemies now deal at most 1 heart of damage.
- Fireballs have a greatly reduced lifespan.
- New Ring Jewel RP-Up effect. Can be turned off in Options.
September 30, 2017
- Added Heart Stones to Pukamake Grotto.
- New music track: Halls of Confusion
- Halls of Confusion will now play in the correct areas.
Patch Notes - September 29, 2017
- Texture Resolution Quality will now be reduced automatically if needed.
- Tome of Secrets added to Lone's room.
- Jeasel will no longer appear in Halden when he's out on an errand.
- Kula now sells rings, health increases, and Hip Flask infusions.
- Clarified the instructions for Da Kula Hula.
- You can now talk to Kula and his sharks without having to re-enter the room.
- Made some of Lisa's dialogue more pidgin-y.
- New music track: Gale's Bluff
- New music track: Aexolix
- Beers added to tables in Halden and the Hideout.
- Boss health panels now show the boss's name.
- Boss health panels now use a generic Skull icon as the face.
- Counter digits no longer have a black outline.
- Counters now correctly display values above 99,999.
September 25, 2017
It was suggested that I make an actual site for Zeran's Folly instead of using the IndieDB page forever, so here it is.
All the latest news and patch notes will be posted here, if you're into that sort of thing.
I'd also like to point out that there's a "Fan Stuff" section up there. Feel free to email or tweet me your fan art, videos, whatever and I'll post it on the site here. I will also provide links to the content on your personal page as long as I can show a thumbnail.
Patch Notes - September 24, 2017
- Mo'i will now refill your Hip Flask for free.
- The final room in the Test of Strength has been made much easier. The Turtle Bola travels more, there are extra drop floors, and drop floors stay airborne longer.
- New music track: Garden Rush
- Springs have gotten a makeover.
- Locks now have a non-black outline.
- The save file now stores the date and time of the last save.